Have you heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Sure you have. Of course sometimes you get out of bed in the morning without a moment to spare and are off running to work without breakfast or worse without brushing your teeth (I know all about this). So knowing that you need to eat breakfast isn't the issue - its being prepared. But, that doesn't make it any easier to deal with right? Here are a few ideas for healthy, quick, easy, tasty breakfasts.
Make your breakfast and then pack it and eat it at work so you won't be late:
- Eggs + Salsa + Guacamole+ Whole grain/gluten-free tortilla
- Eggs + Mixed Greens + Brown Rice
- Cup of cottage cheese + sliced fresh fruit
- Greek yogurt + walnuts + granola
- Make a smoothie of coconut milk + bananas + strawberries
- Try brown rice cereal (make it the night before)
Make food the night before:
- Hard boiled eggs + whole grain wheat toast/gluten-free toast
- Whole grain wheat/gluten-free toast + organic PB
- Make your oatmeal in the crock-pot so it is warm & ready in the morning
- Make a nice mixed greens salad + sliced almonds + drizzle of olive oil + balsamic vinegar + 2 chopped hard boiled eggs & pack a side of toast
- Package some leftovers and have them for breakfasts - there is no such thing as "breakfast foods"
- Make a tortilla de patata or a frittata or quiche and eat throughout the week
Just grab something:
- Lara Bars
- Handful of raw nuts + greek yogurt
- Handful of raw nuts + dried berries (unsweetened like Goji)
- Grab 2 brown rice cakes + PB + brown rice syrup/raw honey
- Apples + PB
- Celery + PB
- Bananas + Nut Butter (peanut or almond butter)
- Drink an oz of NingXia Red to tide you over it has 19 amnio acids, beta carotene, EFA's, Vit C &E, plus B complex so it will boost your energy in the AM
When you are thinking about breakfast think about what fuels you. Ask yourself - How will I feel after I eat this? Try to use common sense when choosing something. Something that someone else loves eating and makes them feel good might not be right for you (I'm thinking waffles - I am not a fan). Try not to eat foods out of packages, but if you do try to select items with little sugar.
Every morning load up on water. Drink at least 8 oz of water to cleanse your body. Try squeezing half a lemon in your water to help your body continue to detox. If you are running out the door drink some water then eat and then have coffee if you so choose. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can send your body over the edge and convince you that eating is unnecessary as you aren't feeling hungry after you drink it. Don't be fooled into this game. What you are really doing is sabotaging your metabolism.
Share your thoughts and ideas on this topic! Share your super simple breakfast ideas with us.