Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Friday, December 4, 2009

Healthy Cookie Recipe

My husband had an opportunity to sample holiday treats at his office's holiday bake off this week. While he was looking around at tempting treats he came across a lovely cookie that is gluten-free & dairy-free (woot woot). He was so happy! In fact, he smuggled a few to me in his bag and produced them from a napkin - isn't he great? Anyway the baker, Kimberly Kershak was kind enough to share her recipe with us so here we go:


Banana Oatmeal Health Cookies by Kimberly Kershak
  • 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
  • 4 cups oatmeal
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2/3 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • cinnamon to taste (about 1/2 - 1 tsp)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl till everything is uniformly moist. 
  3. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. The dough will not spread, so flatten it to the desired cookie thickness.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes.
  6. Eat warm or after cooling.
  7. Store in an airtight container.

Kimberly says that these are awesome snacks, and don't get much healthier (I agree!). They are gluten-free/dairy-free, with no added sweetener or butter. For a variation, you can substitute the nuts with just about anything: raisins, dates, or if you want to be less healthy maybe some chocolate chips (she added 2/3 cup of chocolate chips).

Thanks Kimberly! These were tasty snacks.

Oh and I want to make a plug for my new facebook page - Minneapolis Health Coach. Become  a fan and suggest it to your friends! Thanks

2 comments:

Amanda Tarrant said...

Hi Mary! The cookies look tasty! Thanks for sharing and hope you are doing well ;).

MulberryMary said...

Amanda - Let me know if you make them. I am planning on it, but because I have this issue with following a recipe (not sure what my problem is exactly) I am certain I will change a few things. Also I should probably state that oats can sometimes be cross contaminated so people with gluten intolerances need to be careful. I enjoy oats in small doses...

Thanks for stopping Amanda! Looking forward to seeing you in February!