Banana Oatmeal Health Cookies by Kimberly Kershak
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- cinnamon to taste (about 1/2 - 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl till everything is uniformly moist.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- The dough will not spread, so flatten it to the desired cookie thickness.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Eat warm or after cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.
Kimberly says that these are awesome snacks, and don't get much healthier (I agree!). They are gluten-free/dairy-free, with no added sweetener or butter. For a variation, you can substitute the nuts with just about anything: raisins, dates, or if you want to be less healthy maybe some chocolate chips (she added 2/3 cup of chocolate chips).
Thanks Kimberly! These were tasty snacks.
Oh and I want to make a plug for my new facebook page - Minneapolis Health Coach. Become a fan and suggest it to your friends! Thanks