Salads should not be dull, boring, or repetitive. If that is the case it will be less likely for you to get your greens on! Instead grab a few handy ingredients that sound delicious to you and create magnificent signature salad's you will be proud to share with family & friends.
Ingredients to have on hand to make a salad sensational in a few short minutes:
- Dried Fruit: Cranberries, Cherries, Currents, Raisins, etc
- Nuts: Almonds, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pine Nuts, etc
- Beans: Cooked Lentils, Garbanzo Beans, etc
- Meat: Whatever you've got!
- Greens: Mixed Greens, Spinach, Swiss Chard
- Whole Grains: Millet, Polenta, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Kasha
- Roasted Veggies: Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips, Rutabaga
- Onions: Ramps, Leeks, Shallots
- Avocados, Cheeses, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Artichokes, Olives, etc
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Seriously, making a salad should be a creative process! Make it a time to celebrate and enjoy. I know many people who do not believe a salad should be sweet - instead it should be savory. What does it matter as long as you enjoy it?
What are your favorite salad fixings?