Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Friday, April 9, 2010

Whose Standing in your Way?

How many of us have had big dreams that have fallen on the wayside? How many of us hope to change our lives - weight, career, relationships, spirituality, fitness level, etc?

The main thing that stands in our way to having what we want is OURSELVES. Don't believe me? Probably because it is too painful to admit. I will be the first to admit I have let many opportunities pass me by because I was scared. I was scared of what other people might think, I was scared of "what if", I was scared to fail, I was scared that it might change me, I was scared for the sake of being scared. Why? So that I wouldn't have to put myself out there...to be challenged and possibly reach success? Maybe because of the limiting self-talk that I would let run freely through my mind "who the hell am I to have what I want?" "How could little 'ole me be able to be such a rock star?" Or whatever other crazy garbage I let play on a loop in my mind.

Silly as it may be we keep ourselves from a lot of what we want because it might mean that something would change, and change is scary. We have created very specific "safe" environments for ourselves and living this way is something we understand, even if it is the absolute opposite of what we want.

Want to know a secret? Ready? This behavior is VERY real and it affects all of us. Yes, even the "perfect" models, celebrities, next door neighbors, that guy at the gym with chiseled abs, your boss, your parents... Each and everyone of us wants to have a better life in some way - more money, better health, fulfilling careers, loving relationships. I know for me, part of the challenge is believing I am deserving of these gifts. I believe deeply that every else is deserving, but me, w-e-l-l I am working on it (and I am making loads of progress everyday!). I think YOU are pretty cool and I am coming to terms with the fact that I am really special and it is okay to honor that specialness instead of hiding my bright, fun-loving, glorious light. See I am on my way. You can be too!

Take a moment to ask yourself what are you letting stand in the way of what you want? I encourage you to dream big about what kind of life you want. Write it all down - think about it often - believe that you are worthy of this destiny, because you are! Don't worry about how you get there.



Much love and light!

Check out the Kathleen Show - grabbing life by the ovaries for great interviews, podcasts, posts...

2 comments:

sarah said...

One of my favorite quotes is:

"Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it." - Diane Sawyer

Great thoughts, Mary!

MulberryMary said...

Thanks Sarah! I love the quote -might need to be my new fb status. :0