However, sometimes making soup seems like a chore. Forget that! Instead of slaving away just toss some "stuff" in a pot and call it simple soup. Don't over think it.
This soup is super healthy and nutritious and you can take this recipe and recreate it everyday by using other frozen veggie bags and adding favorite herbs or condiments to give it flavor.
- 1 Bag of Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Bag of Frozen Green Beans
- 1 Box of Chicken Stock
- 2 Large Leeks - chopped
- 3 Celery Stems - chopped
- 2 TBSP of Fresh Parsley
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cloves of Garlic - minced
- 2 TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp (+) Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Sea Salt
- Couple cranks of ground pepper
- Pumpkin Oil - little drizzle over each bowl (totally optional, yet tasty)
1. In a stock pot, heat the extra-virgin olive oil on low heat. Once the pan is hot add the leeks, celery, bay leaves and cover
2. Add the garlic after a few minutes
3. Once the veggies are softening up add the box of chicken broth (about 4 cups)
4. Toss in the frozen veggies (add whatever you like no need to follow recipes 100% all the time - cauliflower, peas, spinach, zucchini would also be be great choices and easy to find frozen)
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and add salt, pepper, more garlic (optional), parsley
6. Shut off heat and pulse in a Vita-Mix blender if you want a creamy consistency or only blend part of the soup keeping some of it chunky.
7. This is COMPLETELY optional, but super delicious add a drizzle of pumpkin oil on top. Not only is it tasty, but it makes the soup look extra fancy!
This was a thick soup so if you wanted it thinner, blend it more or add extra stock.