- 1 Small Cabbage or 1/2 large
- 1 leek, sliced into rings (or yellow onions)
- 1 bunch of kale (de-stemmed)
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ume Plum Vinegar - to taste
- Chop up the cabbage, chop up/rip the kale leaves, mince the garlic
- Heat your pan on low, add the extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the leek and let it sweat a bit
- Add the sliced cabbage, stir and coat the veggies with olive oil, cover for 7 minutes (or so)
- Add the kale with a bit of himalayan sea salt, cover for a few minutes until wilted
- Add the ume plum vinegar to taste (it gives the greens a lovely sour taste)
- Serve and enjoy. Makes enough for 6.
As with any recipe you may need to "play" with the ingredients to get the flavor you desire. Please do not feel constricted to follow these directions exactly. If you don't have cabbage, use what you have like zucchini or green beans.