- 1 Cup soaked walnuts - drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Sprinkle or 2 of ground himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp of brown rice syrup (or raw honey or agave)
- Place walnuts first and then all the other ingredients into the wet vitamix container - put on lid
- Turn on machine - up to 3 and then up to 5
- Use the tamper then turn to low and shut off the machine
- Make sure ingredients are not stuck to sides of machine - push everything down around the blades (Machine is off - repeat machine is off)
- Replace the lid and then turn on and up to 5 and use tamper.
This was delicious - really! The consistency was soft and it looked like oatmeal and sort of tasted like oatmeal. I really liked it so for those of you who love oatmeal, but have an intolerance to it like me - try this recipe. I think it could also be a stand alone dessert. You can use this as a spread or a dip with fruit or on crackers or toast. Mash in a banana and have a great snack before the gym. You could also eat it plain or put it in a smoothie.
Let me know if you try it and if you make any modifications to it.