Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Loading...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Side of Parsnips with Cinnamon

Let me just say "ILOVE PARSNIPS". Really I do. And I can tell you that when I saw that I got an entire bag of parsnips in my CSA box I was truly pleased (thank you Harmony Valley Farm). It might be because they are shaped like a carrot, but yet not at all. These hearty root veggies are high in potassium, have loads of vitamin C and have a decent protein content (all foods have protein). Of course, the real reason is probably because they are so darn sweet when cooked. Its like a treat! At least I think so. So today when I decided to saute a few I decided I wanted them to seem more dessert like. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

Parsnips with Cinnamon

Ingredients:




Directions:

  1. Scrub the parsnips (they can be peeled , but it is not necessary)
  2. Chop the parsnips into similar sized chunks
  3. Heat the coconut oil in the pan @ medium heat
  4. Toss the parsnips in and stir to coat in oil
  5. Cook for 6-10 minutes - test with fork. You want them to be firm, but have a little give. 
  6. Add a grind of fresh ground pepper - stir
  7. Add the cinnamon - stir
  8. Serve as a delicious side for breakfast, lunch or dinner! 



Yummy!

2 comments:

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

I'm surprised how much I like parsnips. This looks good!

MulberryMary said...

Michelle it was very good. Let me know if you try it or make any delicious modifications. Blessings sent your way!

There was an error in this gadget