Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Side of Parsnips with Cinnamon

Let me just say "ILOVE PARSNIPS". Really I do. And I can tell you that when I saw that I got an entire bag of parsnips in my CSA box I was truly pleased (thank you Harmony Valley Farm). It might be because they are shaped like a carrot, but yet not at all. These hearty root veggies are high in potassium, have loads of vitamin C and have a decent protein content (all foods have protein). Of course, the real reason is probably because they are so darn sweet when cooked. Its like a treat! At least I think so. So today when I decided to saute a few I decided I wanted them to seem more dessert like. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

Parsnips with Cinnamon

Ingredients:




Directions:

  1. Scrub the parsnips (they can be peeled , but it is not necessary)
  2. Chop the parsnips into similar sized chunks
  3. Heat the coconut oil in the pan @ medium heat
  4. Toss the parsnips in and stir to coat in oil
  5. Cook for 6-10 minutes - test with fork. You want them to be firm, but have a little give. 
  6. Add a grind of fresh ground pepper - stir
  7. Add the cinnamon - stir
  8. Serve as a delicious side for breakfast, lunch or dinner! 



Yummy!

2 comments:

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

I'm surprised how much I like parsnips. This looks good!

MulberryMary said...

Michelle it was very good. Let me know if you try it or make any delicious modifications. Blessings sent your way!