This summer has been intense. The heat and humidity has been stifling. This summer seems to be trying to rival the crazy winter we had of below freezing temps and ice and snow storms. As the heat has cooled down into the mid-80's the weather has been joyous. This little lull allowed this time to bake a crisp as well as homemade coconut milk ice cream. Both were delicious. Yum!
Stone Fruit Crisp
- 6 cups of peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of lemon
- 1/4 cup of Sucanat
- 5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp of himalayan sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place fruit in baking dish - Pie plate or other 9 inch pan
- Place all other ingredients into the Vita-Mix and blend
- Add the crumbly mix to the top of the fruit - evenly
- Bake for 25 minutes or longer depending on your oven (my oven runs hot)
- Eat with Coconut, Almond & Raspberry Ice Cream. Yum!
Coconut, Almond & Raspberry Ice Cream (Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 1.5 pints of Raspberries
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup of vanilla agave
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 3 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp pur vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in the Vita-Mix and blend
- Scoop out and place in Ice Cream Maker for 20 minutes
- Scoop out of ice cream maker into freezer friendly container and freeze for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Enjoy with Fruit Crisp!