OMG - OMega 3 Goodness
Smoked Salmon Pate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: approx 4-6 servings
1 pound Salmon (2 fillets)
1 1/2 tablespoons of alder wood chips
2 tbsps of Lemon Juice
2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsps of organic butter (I used goat butter =YUM)
Celtic Sea Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
Fresh Dill (optional)
1. In a stove top smoker, add wood chips and place salmon fillets on the grate.
2. Add the lid to the smoker, turn burners on low - set timer for 20 minutes (walk away or prepare something else)
3. When timer goes off, check to make sure salmon is done
4. Place salmon in food processor with lemon juice, butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, dill or other magical ingredients of your choosing
5. Blend until smooth
6. Do a taste test and add more salt, pepper - to your liking
7. Scrape out Pate and place in a sealed container in the fridge for a few hours
8. Serve and Enjoy
Try this as a quick dinner, snack or appetizer.
This was super simple and quick. It is also really tasty (if you enjoy salmon). If you do not have a stove top smoker, just bake the salmon and then follow the instructions starting with step 4.