I made a squash dish last night that I decided to share. It isn't fancy & only requires a few ingredients - which is the BEST!
Delicata Tahini Squash from Integrative Nutrition:
This takes 5 min to prepare and then 30 minutes to bake.
The reason why I choose to make this recipe was because you can eat the whole squash (meaning the skin & seeds too).
- 2 delicata squashes (about 7 inches long)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon tamari - I used 2 tbsps
- Pinch of cayenne (optional) - I used some hot pepper flakes I got from an Asian Market
- 1 tablespoon water - I didn't use this - I added a bit more tamari
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash in circular discs about 1/8 inch thick, leaving seeds.
- In a small bowl mix tahini, tamari, cayenne and water, adding a bit of water to get a creamy consistency.
I thought this was really tasty. It wasn't too sweet. Squash is already sweet so the tahini gave it a little pop without the typical sweetness of honey or brown sugar people like to add to root veggies.
I think next time I will try peanut or cashew or almond butter to see how that mixes things up...