Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weight-loss Tips

TAs a Certified Holistic Health Coach I work with many busy professionals who are seeking weight-loss. They see weight-loss as either the single hurdle they have regarding their health & wellness goals or in tandem with others (acne or bad skin, stress, mood, sleep, IBS, etc). I was typing out a list of ideas that I will be sharing with one of my groups to help them get on track and I thought I would share the basic list with you too. We will be covering this list in detail in my group program, but even as a stand alone list I think it shines a light on areas that you can improve/change/remove in your life.  Let me know what you think.
  • Be thankful - give thanks with meals
  • Eat seasonal foods
  • Find a support network
  • Stretch
  • Eat at home more
  • Set intentions
  • Cook for a loved one
  • Journal
  • Reduce sodium intake
  • Meditate - Slow down
  • Quality vs. Quantity
  • Deconstruct your cravings
  • Stop rewarding yourself with food
  • Shower after work to renew your energy!
  • Eat less
  • Give yourself permission to shine!
  • Call a friend to check in
  • Stop overcommitting yourself!
  • Drink water
  • Set goals month to month/week to week
  • 3 meals a day
  • Shorten your list of things to do
  • Eat fruits & veggies at every meal
  • Substitute some exotic fruit for ice cream or heavy desserts
  • Cultivate beneficial relationships
  • Ditch draining relationships
  • Go play
  • Exercise/movement everyday
  • Get enough sleep
  • Volunteer your time with an organization you believe in
  • Ask "What's right for me?"
  • Eat healthy fats
  • Don't eat something you can't recognize as a whole food
  • Reduce portion sizes/don't buy mass quantities
  • Convince your body that life is not one BIG emergency
  • Avoid 100 calorie packs - they are full of sugar
  • Respect and honor yourself
  • Eat breakfast
  • Determine your triggers
  • Breathe deeply
  • Keep a food journal
  • Avoid refined sugars/High Fructose Corn Syrup
  • Keep an exercise journal
  • Learn how to cook
  • Keep junk out of your house
This entry has been posted as part of Prevention Not Prescriptions Tuesday hosted by The Kathleen Show

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. I love that it includes things beyond the typical "avoid soda; exercise every day" type of thing. My favorite one is learn to cook. I'm starting to avoid food additives because MSG gives me headaches. I've found I won't be able to do it unless I commit to cooking nearly every day.

MulberryMary said...

Recovering Prograstinator - Thanks I like this list too. I LOVE that you are connecting what you are eating with how you feel. Down with MSG! That is the best. :)

HappyOrganist said...

you know, I find that running up and down the stairs twice whenever I'm looking for something (I don't do this on purpose) helps me stay thin. =D
=)

MulberryMary said...

HappyOrganist -

Yes, getting the temple moving around (up & down/side to side) is one of the best ways to stay lean.

Jessica Hoelzel said...

LOVE the list! Simple, common sense.

MulberryMary said...

Jessica I am all about simple & easy.